I’ve gotten a bunch of requests to share some of the things E eats while she’s in my care. Today’s post is going to be featuring our EZ-PZ Happy Mat, that I absolutely love to help keep meals mess free! I backed their Kickstarter and am so glad I did. I could go on and on about how much I love them, but I’ll save that for another post.
There are also some things you should know about E’s eating habits…
– She loves protein heavy and denser meals for breakfast, for which I am not there most of the time. She likes eggs and sausage, oatmeal, pancakes, etc. Fruit is only a small portion of breakfast compared to her remaining meals.
– She LOVES fruit. The only fruit she doesn’t eat are strawberries and honeydew, both of which she’s reacted negatively to in the past.
– These are all lunch, which happens after nap. She also gets a pre-nap snack that is usually grab and go since we have morning activities every day of the week.
As you can see, E is a pretty repetitive eater. All these pictures were taken within the past week. I had more, but deleted them because they all had the same basic set up, just different fruit or cheddar instead of string cheese. Note: the peanut butter toast was new, she mostly wanted to scrape the peanut butter off and just eat that. There are no allergies in her family and her parents have given her peanut butter before.
Go To’s //
– FRUIT! We have a pretty solid rotation that we go through, always keeping three or four on hand at one time. Some favorites include watermelon, pineapple, and cherry tomatoes.
– Deli turkey or ham (we were out last week).
– Medium cheddar cheese or mozzarella string cheese.
– Greek yogurt – usually vanilla although we’ve been branching out lately.
– Freeze dried fruit and veggies.
What can I say, we like cold lunches around here. :) I hope this was helpful in your venture to feed your toddler healthy meals and keeping things different and interesting. To us, this might be boring but E is equally excited everyday for lunch. Real camera pictures were not tolerated.
What are your favorite things to feed your toddler for lunch?